Below is a listing of our current open positions across all of our facilities. Please check back often as we periodically post new positions.
Sturm Ruger & Co., Inc. a highly successful, high-end manufacturer of sporting rifles, shotguns and handguns.
Scope of the Position:
Reporting to a Senior Engineer or Operations Manager, this position has product design responsibility for the location's new products, from concept to production.
• Provide solutions to product specifications developed using our VOC (Voice of Customer) process. Create or modify existing gun designs using 2D and 3D CAD drafting tools (Solid Works). The candidate should have experience with programming CNC machines (CAMWORKS or equivalent). The projects require developing the design of the assembly, the working mechanisms and the corresponding detail components for the firearm as well as their material selection. Knowledge of Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is a plus.
• The ability to work in a team environment with the various other departments needed to bring a new product to launch.
• Develops the test plans, tests and evaluates functions and performance of product prototypes.
• Develops and executes project plans/schedules.
• Provides technical support to internal and external customers.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent is necessary. An advanced degree is a plus.
A minimum of five to seven years of product design and development engineering experience, preferably in a firearms manufacturing environment.
Demonstrated skills in 3D/Solid Modeling using SolidWorks, Pro E or a compatible CAD system.
Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances (ANSI Y14.5) is necessary.
The successful candidate must be a high energy, creative, resourceful and organized engineering design professional. The ability to multi-task and to manage several projects simultaneously is a must.
The new incumbent must bring strong analytical tools. Well-developed communications skills, both verbal and written, are key.
The cash compensation for this position includes a base salary that is commensurate with background and experience, a profit sharing plan and a bonus program that is based on company financial results. We also provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Human Resource Manager
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
200 Ruger Road
Prescott, AZ 86301
or via email to Jeanie Groves at jgroves@Ruger.com
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (Ruger) is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of high-quality firearms for the domestic and international commercial sporting market. Ruger offers consumers over 400 model variations across 25 product lines and is headquartered in Southport, Connecticut with manufacturing facilities in Newport, New Hampshire, Prescott, Arizona and Mayodan, North Carolina.
About the Position:
Ruger is seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented individual to serve as its ATF Compliance Manager. The ATF Compliance Manager position is located at the Ruger headquarters in Southport, Connecticut and reports to the General Counsel. Compensation includes a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package and, depending upon experience level and mix, excellent bonus potential tied to Company performance. Primary ATF Compliance Manager responsibilities include:
• Coordinating and executing ATF Compliance Policies and Procedures, refinement and implementation of best practices to ensure full compliance with all federal, state and local firearms laws and regulations, including specifically:
• Serial number records management;
• Mapping process transactions (physical movement and data flow);
• Ensuring Acquisition & Disposition electronic record keeping accuracy;
• Completing inventory/regular internal audits;
• Coordinating the remediation of deficiencies, if any, discovered during audits and supervising other operational personnel in remediation efforts and system issues;
• Performing reconciliations of the Company's records with NFA registrations;
• Maintaining secure files with ATF regulatory records in accordance with legally mandated retention policies;
• Regulatory reporting;
• Keeping all required registrations related to firearms current and correct; and
• Assisting with agency tracing requests.
• Researching current ATF and state compliance requirements.
• Making recommendations to Management regarding changes and improvements in operations to achieve more effective and streamlined ATF and regulatory compliance.
• Assisting with compliance training, presentations and other special projects as required.
• Must be willing and available to travel to the New Hampshire, Arizona and North Carolina facilities on a regular and as-needed basis. Sporadic travel to seminars, off-site meetings and other events also is required.
About the Candidate:
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's or graduate degree in one of the following areas: finance/accounting, law, information technology or management of information systems, and/or operations or supply chain management. The ideal candidate will also:
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively with a variety of corporate clients.
• Have a demonstrated and acute attention to detail.
• Strong problem-solving skills and good, old fashioned, common sense.
• Have excellent writing, speaking and presentation skills.
• Have a sense of humor.
• Have the basic skills to work with little administrative support.
• Be dedicated and loyal.
• Experience with firearms and ATF regulations is a strongly preferred, but not required.
• Eligible candidates must be willing and legally able to handle firearms.
• Knowledge of Oracle very helpful, but not a requirement.
About the Process:
If you are interested and satisfy the requirements of this position, then please send your resume and salary requirements to:
Human Resource Manager
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
1 Lacey Place
Southport, CT 06890
or via email to HR@ruger.com