Ruger Announces New, Streamlined, Product-Focused Website
October 30, 2009
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR) is proud to announce a new, redesigned website that incorporates improved product navigation, rich media content and social media elements. Ruger continues to be an industry leader in the use of web technology, dedicated to improving the visitor experience and putting greater information in the hands of their consumers.
"We are constantly working on improving communication with our customers," said Chris Killoy, Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "Through our Voice of the Customer Program, we are actively collecting suggestions and gathering insight from our customers about what they want to see from Ruger. This website is one example of that input being put to use."
The new Ruger.com website includes:
"We hope customers enjoy the new site," continued Killoy, "and we hope they continue to talk to us and tell us what they want to see next."
- New Interactive Index Page, Complete with Video Content
- New Social Media Links to Stay Connected to Ruger
- Press Clippings Area with Links to Industry Published Articles
- New Product Navigation & Firearm Specific Information Sections, with:
- Flatter, Easier Navigability
- Larger, More Interesting Product Feature Callouts
- Comparative Model Table Display
- Product Extras with Increased Video Content, Interactive Exploded Views & More Information
- Print Ready Spec Sheets
- New Interactive Digital Catalog - An Exact Replica of the Printed Version with Links to Additional Content
- Easier Firearms Search Mechanism with Quicklinks for the Most Popular Searches
- Improved Customer Service Information
- Expanded Technical Tip Videos, Covering Care & Maintenance of Ruger Products
The new website will go live on Monday, November 2, 2009 at 10:00 AM EST
About Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. is one of the nation's leading manufacturers of rugged, reliable firearms for the commercial sporting market. The only full-line manufacturer of American-made firearms, Ruger offers consumers over 400 variations of more than 30 product lines. For more than 60 years, Ruger has been a model of corporate and community responsibility. Our motto, "Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens," echoes the importance of these principles as we work hard to deliver quality and innovative firearms.
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. “Arms Makers for Responsible Citizens”®