Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. is seeking a qualified Process Engineer in our Prescott, AZ facility.
Scope of the Position:
Reporting to a Process Engineering Manager, this position has manufacturing process responsibility for the locations current and new products, from raw material to shipping.
• Create or modify existing process documentation using 2D and 3D CAD drafting tools (Solid Works). The candidate should have experience with programming CNC machines (Mastercam or equivalent).
• Work with CMM Programmers and product line process engineers to develop CMM programs.
• Work with Design Engineers to make sensible and practical blueprints that match planned manufacturing processes.
• Develop and document quality control plans for new and existing processes.
• Document and maintain product auditing procedures.
• Review CMM operations that are related to manufacturing processes.
• Sustain a CMM preventative maintenance and calibration program.
• Maintain incoming inspection plans for all vendor parts.
• Maintain a digital directory for all metrology details relating to fixtures, gages, and other production hardware.
• Maintain a digital directory for all CMM programs used in manufacturing processes.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering or the equivalent is necessary. An advanced degree is a plus.
Three to five years of engineering experience, preferably in a firearms manufacturing environment.
Demonstrated skills in 3D/Solid Modeling using SolidWorks, Pro E or a compatible CAD system.
Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances (ANSI Y14.5) is necessary.
The successful candidate must be a high energy, creative, resourceful and organized engineering professional. The ability to multi-task and to manage several projects simultaneously is a must.
The new incumbent must bring strong field type skills. Well-developed communications skills, both verbal and written, are key.
The cash compensation for this position includes a base salary that is commensurate with background and experience, a profit sharing plan and a bonus program that is based on company financial results. We also provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Human Resource Manager
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
200 Ruger Road
Prescott, AZ 86301
or via email at jgroves@Ruger.com