Social Media Rules
Effective March 31, 2011
All users and posts on Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. ("Company") social media sites must comply with the following Rules:
Commenters with user names that meet the following criteria are not eligible to post:
- Contain website or email addresses;
- Contain contact information, e.g., phone numbers, addresses;
- Appear to impersonate someone else; and
- Contain profanity or are otherwise objectionable.
Company reserves the right to remove any comments or posts that:
- Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others;
- Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable;
- Contain swear words or other language likely to offend;
- Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes violation of copyright, defamation, or other laws;
- Advertise products or services;
- Are seen to impersonate someone else;
- Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses;
- Are written in anything other than English;
- Contain links to other websites which break our social media guidelines;
- Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others;
- Are considered to be 'spam'; and
- Are considered to be off-topic for the particular outlet or forum.
These Social Media Rules are subject to change, and likely will change over time. Users are therefore encouraged to check the Social Media Rules periodically.