Basic Safety Rules
Safety and responsibility have always been a cornerstone of Ruger’s philosophy. We base this philosophy on the "Basic Rules of Firearms Safety":
- Learn the mechanical and handling characteristics of the firearm you are using.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction, and keep your finger off the trigger, until you are ready to shoot.
- Firearms should be unloaded and securely stored when not in use.
- Be sure the barrel is clear of obstructions before using.
- Be sure of your target before you shoot.
- Wear shooting glasses and ear protection when you shoot.
- Never climb a tree or fence, or do anything awkward with a loaded firearm.
- Don’t shoot at a hard surface or at water.
- Never transport a loaded firearm.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages or drugs when shooting or handling a gun.
More detailed firearms safety information and specific warnings appropriate for each Ruger model firearm can be found in it's instruction manual, which can be obtained in the Customer Service section.
All these important safety rules must be followed at all times by persons handling any firearm.
To view the NSSF's safety video entitled "Firearms Safety Depends on You", please go to the NSSF web site at www.nssf.org.