Below is a listing of our current open positions across all of our facilities. Please check back often as we periodically post new positions.
As a key member of the Prescott Human Resource and Safety teams, the Occupational Nurse will provide injury evaluation and management with also healthcare advice and direction to all employees and work collaboratively with the leadership and operational teams to promote a healthy and safe work environment. The occupational health nurse works to help workers remain healthy and productive with a focus on employee protection from work-related and environmental hazards and prevention of illness and injury in the workplace.
Essential Job Duties:
• Coordinate and provide all health services for all associates. Duties include periodic health screenings, education and training, nursing assessments of issues within the scope of practice.
• Acts as an advocate for all levels of staff by observing and teaching employees good work and health practices, housekeeping, hygiene, the use of personnel protective equipment and respirators. Assist with workplace assessments and evaluations as needed. Organize and Administer the Annual Health & Wellness Fair. Provides Crisis Intervention, counseling and referrals to appropriate services.
• Evaluate and treat certain illnesses/injuries with emphasis on early recognition and intervention, follow-up and monitor workers as they safely return to work. Provide Case Management for all work related injury/illnesses and Medical Leaves. Maintain records of all services rendered, provide or assist with physician referral when appropriate. Make independent decisions based on professional knowledge, judgment and scope of practice in emergency cases and provide emergency treatment of occupational injuries and illness as required.
• File Workers Compensation claims and facilitate claims administration. Perform an initial evaluation and treatment of Workers Compensation injuries, electronically filing the Workers Compensation claim and completing of any associated paperwork. In conjunction with the Workers Compensation insurer, make referrals to local treating clinics or specialists as needed. Maintaining individual files. Works with operations management with identifying, evaluating and implementing work accommodations and return to work options for associates with work restrictions. Communicate as needed with the Workers Compensation insurer and treating provider regularly.
• Conduct pre-placement, post-accident and random drug testing on site in accordance with the Corporate Substance Abuse Policy. Refer non-negative specimens for further testing and follow up as indicated. Communicate results of testing in a confidential manner.
• Coordinate the Emergency Responder program, providing initial and ongoing training and support to the responders and janitorial personnel on Blood-borne Pathogens, as required by the OSHA standards. Administer the Hepatitis B vaccine series to all responders and janitorial personnel who request this vaccine. Maintain written records of training as well as vaccine administration.
• Maintain associates’ administrative/medical records according to standards of confidentiality as required by OSHA, professional ethic codes, ADA, HIPAA, etc. Retains these records in accordance the Company Retention Policy.
• Maintains current awareness of applicable federal, state and local health, industrial hygiene and safety regulations. Be prepared to assist with any OSHA audits.
• Maintain the OSHA 300 log, and OSHA 300A at year end. Compile OSHA DART report monthly. Post the OSHA 300A in the plant as required by OSHA annually. Communicate OSHA and Workers’ Compensation statistics with appropriate individuals including plant management.
• Provide annual training in hearing conservation, blood borne pathogens, health effects of lead and lead monitoring, drug and alcohol effects and may assist EHS Manager with other plant health and safety education training programs to employees and first responders.
• Administers and directs all in house immunization programs such as Influenza and Hepatitis B.
• Maintain adequate amounts of Health Clinic supplies such as routine OTC meds and bandaging, for emergency use and ensure that all medical supplies & equipment are current, in good working order and calibrated, if indicated.
• Provides health education and promotion programs to address population health needs such as smoking cessation, exercise and fitness, proper lifting techniques, nutrition, weight control, hypertension and stress management.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be of high integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current unencumbered Registered Nurse Licensure within Arizona.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an RN is preferred and experience in Occupational Health nursing in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable. COHN preferred.
• Basic understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to occupational and environmental Health and Safety.
• Current BLS certification. ACLS and Basic Life Support Certification required within six months of hire.
• Basic computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Power-point is required.
• Ability to talk in front of large groups of people.
Lifting: Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. Push/pull: Typically less than one pound. Job is performed sitting or standing. Frequent walking is required as visiting employees and work areas on the plant floor are regular aspects of the job duties. Twisting, rotating fingers, hands, wrists, forearms, elbows, biceps, knees, legs, ankles, hips, shoulders, neck, upper & lower back are required. Must be able to bend, stoop, and pivot. Functions of the job vary daily as do the range of nursing duties.
May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and OPIM bodily fluids including blood. Will be exposed to loud noises, as loud as 85 dcB or higher while on the plant floor. Those areas are in a mandatory hearing conservation program as required by OSHA standards. Personal protective equipment that is required includes hearing protection (ear buds or ear muffs), safety glasses, and gloves (as needed). Shoes must be hard soles, with closed toes and heel.
Please email all resumes to:
Jeanie Groves at firstname.lastname@example.org
Take lead roll associated with manufacturing processes on specific models of automatic pistols. Key responsibilities are associated with safety, quality, environmental hazards, product performance, and the optimization of manufacturing process to reduce costs.
Essential Job Duties:
• Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate.
• Improve existing manufacturing process for the high volume production of steel and aluminum parts.
• Perform root cause analysis of failures in complex mechanical processes; develop and implement solutions.
• Apply scientific principles and analysis to improve product performance, first pass yield, and product reliability.
• Break down all cost related to pistol manufacturing: Develop and implement cost reductions.
• Organize and lead kaizen events and process improvements on a continuous basis. A hand on approach is a must.
• Work with supply chain, product development, and DFMA teams: Develop and execute project plans and schedules.
• Work with engineers to develop new manufacturing processes; manage timelines associated with implementation of new processes.
• Specify part measurement methods using standard measurement tools, plate layout, custom gaging, and CMM equipment.
• Work with quality auditors, inspectors , CMM programmers, and engineers to control and improve product quality.
• Apply SPC methods to CNC machining processes; develop spreadsheets to perform calculations and produce reports and charts.
• Create and maintain process documentation for new and existing manufacturing processes; train key personnel as written.
• Work with EH&S team to meet safety, ergonomic, and environmental goals; lead and maintain SS activities.
• Develop preventative maintenance and operational procedures for equipment. Work with technicians to verify machine performance levels.
• Experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME Y14.5- 2009 preferred; Mastercam and G-eode experience a plus.
To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the following: Communication proficiency, organizational, presentation and problem solving/analysis skills. Experience in SolidWorks and Microsoft Office required. Must demonstrate technical capacity, thoroughness, and time management skills. Must be capable of working independently with little supervision.
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering. Hands on experience in CNC machining, CNC programming, and cutting tool application is a plus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Geometry, algebra and trigonometry required. Mathematics associated with statistics is preferred.
Must be able to analyze problematic procedural, technical, and mechanical issues. Must be able to translate plans into specific goals, tactics, action plans and deliverables. Ability to plan and organize large projects is essential. The employee must be able to write/type, speak, hear, talk, read, and inspect in English.
Lifting: Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds, however the typical lifting load for this position does not exceed twenty pounds. Push/pull: typically 5-10 pounds. Job is performed half the time in a sitting position and half the time in a standing position, although frequent walking is typical. Twisting, rotating of fingers, hands, wrists, forearms, elbows, biceps, knees, legs, ankles, hips, shoulders, neck, upper & lower back are required. Must be able to bend, stoop and pivot. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and peripheral vision. These actions occur typically at waist and shoulder level.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in production setting, utilizes a computer keyboard, and regularly interacts with associates from many different departments. The noise level In the production area is high and hearing protection is required. Safety glasses and shoes with non-slip soles are also required. Employee can expect to spend half the time at the computer and half the time in production areas.
Please email all resumes to:
Jeanie Groves at email@example.com
The primary function of the CNC Service Technician is to work one-on-one with plant personnel and contractors to perform preventative, predictive and routine maintenance on CNC machinery and equipment at our Mayodan, NC operation. The work is to be completed in a safe and efficient method to ensure minimal production downtime and adherence to environmental and safety guidelines. The successful candidate must have 2 years proven experience in manufacturing maintenance. That includes the use of hand and power tools, interpreting blueprints, drawings and schematics, knowledge of codes and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Use procedures and work instructions which will include diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications which will be used for predicting, troubleshooting, preventing and repairing malfunctions.
• Ensure the performance and operation of equipment by completing predictive and preventive maintenance on CNC and other production machines.
• Install and set-up new and used manufacturing and CNC equipment.
• Read and interpret blue-prints, electrical schematics, pneumatic and hydraulic diagrams.
• Diagnose and repair pneumatics, hydraulics, lubricating and electrical systems.
• Understand the application of technical documents such as machine/equipment manuals and safety documentation.
• Diagnose issues and perform service on CNC equipment such as HAAS, Fanuc, Okuma, Doosan, etc.
• Must have experience with PLC’s and Embedded Controls.
• Understand the use and maintenance of CNC controls such as Fanuc, Siemens, Achromatic, Mazatrol, etc., including ladder logic.
• Understand automatic tool changers, ball screw & axis support bearing replacement, machine alignment and spindle cartridge replacement.
• Problem solving with excellent skills and knowledge of both mechanical and electrical areas of repair of CNC machine tools.
• Diagnoses root cause of problems and/or failures and complete repairs on a variety of production and facility equipment, including CNC equipment.
• Maintaining and troubleshooting A/C and D/C motors and drives.
• Prioritize and perform multiple tasks.
• Basic understanding of OSHA and machine/personal safety.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office.
Qualified candidates should send their resume and cover letter, with compensation expectations, to:
Human Resource Manager, Attn: Monica Pittman
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
271 Cardwell Road
Mayodan, NC 27027
or via email to Monica Pittman at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sturm, Ruger & Co. is hiring directly for full-time Cell Team Production Associates. Candidates should be dependable, able to work in a team environment, and driven towards results. Additionally you must be 18+ years of age, able to pass a drug screen and background screen.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Operate CNC equipment, Product Assembly, Packaging & Shipping, Sanding, Polishing, and Foundry operations.
First, Second, and Weekend shifts available
$12 - $20 / hour (based on experience)
Total Rewards Package:
• Quarterly Profit Sharing Bonuses
• 401K - 9% company contribution (5% supplemental + 4% company match)
• Competitive Medical Benefits
• 120 Hours PTO
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Wellness Program
• Must be 18+ years of age and be able to pass a drug screen and security screen
• Shift Differential - $1.00/hr Second shift & $1.50/hr weekend shift
Qualified candidates should send their resume to: