Below is a listing of our current open positions across all of our facilities. Please check back often as we periodically post new positions.
As a key member of the Mayodan Human Resource and Safety teams, the Occupational Health Nurse(OHN) works collaboratively with the leadership and operational teams to promote a healthy and safe work environment. The OHN works to help workers remain healthy and productive with a focus on employee protection from work-related and environmental hazards and prevention of illness and injury in the workplace.
Essential Job Duties:
• Coordinate and provide all health services for all associates. Duties include periodic health screenings, education and training, nursing assessments of issues within the scope of practice.
• Maintains all records associated with the responsibilities of the position in a confidential manner.
• Acts as an advocate for all levels of staff by observing and teaching employees good work and health practices. Assist with workplace assessments and evaluations as needed. Organize and Administer the Annual Health & Wellness Fair. Provides Crisis Intervention, counseling and referrals to appropriate services.
• Evaluate and treat certain illnesses/injuries with emphasis on early recognition and intervention, follow-up and monitor workers as they safely return to work. Provide Case Management for all work related injury/illnesses and Medical Leaves. Maintain records of all services rendered, provide or assist with physician referral when appropriate.
• Administers all aspects of the Workers compensation program for the Prescott facility, including, but not limited to initial evaluations and treatment of Workers Compensation injuries, electronically filing the Workers Compensation claim and completing of any associated paperwork. Administers Corporate Substance Abuse Policy, including, but not limited to; refer non-negative specimens for further testing and follow up as indicated. Communicate results of testing in a confidential manner.
• Coordinate the Emergency Responder program as required by OSHA standards.
• Maintain associates' administrative/medical records according to standards of confidentiality as required by OSHA, professional ethic codes, ADA, HIPAA, etc. Retains these records in accordance the Company Retention Policy.
• Maintains current awareness of applicable federal, state and local health, industrial hygiene and safety regulations. Be prepared to assist with any OSHA audits.
• Maintain the OSHA 300 log, and OSHA 300A at year end. Compile OSHA DART report monthly. Post the OSHA 300A in the plant as required by OSHA annually. Communicate OSHA and Workers' Compensation statistics with appropriate individuals including plant management.
• Provide annual training in hearing conservation, blood borne pathogens, health effects of lead and lead monitoring, drug and alcohol effects and may assist EHS Manager with other plant health and safety education training programs to employees and first responders .
• Administers and directs all in house immunization programs such as Influenza and Hepatitis B.
• Maintain adequate amounts of Health Clinic supplies such as routine OTC meds and bandaging, for emergency use and ensure that all medical supplies & equipment are current, in good working order and calibrated, if indicated.
• Provides health education and promotion programs to address population health needs such as smoking cessation, exercise and fitness, proper lifting techniques, nutrition, weight control, hypertension and stress management.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be of high integrity and maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Current unencumbered Registered Nurse Licensure within North Carolina.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience as an RN is required. Experience in Occupational Health nursing in a manufacturing environment is desirable, but not required. COHN preferred.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Certification required within six months of hire.
• Basic computer proficiency and knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Power-point is required.
• Ability to give presentations in groups.
Lifting: Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds. Push/pull: Typically less than one pound. Job is performed sitting or standing. Frequent walking is required as visiting employees and work areas on the plant floor are regular aspects of the job duties. Twisting, rotating fingers, hands, wrists, forearms, elbows, biceps, knees, legs, ankles, hips, shoulders, neck, upper & lower back are required. Must be able to bend, stoop, and pivot. Functions of the job vary daily as do the range of nursing duties
May be exposed to fumes, airborne particles, and OPIM bodily fluids including blood. Will be exposed to loud noises, as loud as 85 dcB or higher while on the plant floor. Those areas are in a mandatory hearing conservation program as required by OSHA standards. Personal protective equipment that is required includes hearing protection (ear buds or ear muffs), safety glasses, and gloves (as needed). Shoes must be hard soles, with closed toes and heel.
Ruger Firearms has an exciting position for the right person who has a servant leader mentality. Our Team needs a Manufacturing engineer responsible for developing, maintaining and improving manufacturing and assembly processes, equipment and tooling, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for the production of firearm components and firearms. Our company’s manufacturing philosophy is integrated CNC single piece flow value streams, much like the automotive manufacturing industry. Work is performed in a machining and assembly plant environment, where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
Responsibility areas include:
Manufacturing and assembly process definition; Sequence of operations; Human factors consideration; Efficient material flow; Design, construction, integration, plant installation, successful launch and continuous improvement of equipment, tooling and gaging required in plants for the production of high quality gun component parts; Providing technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources; Work may involve development and testing of advanced process technology including metal cutting and fixture design.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and significantly complex projects and assignments using critical/Socratic thinking skills.
• Knowledge of quality systems and gauging methods.
• Experience with component machining and assembly processes including CNC machining centers, precision grinding processes, managing and controlling extremely tight tolerances, CAD (Solid works), CAM (MasterCAM), Metrology (CMM, in-line gaging, surface plate, air gaging, etc.), and GD&T application.
• Ability to educate associates in the classroom and on the shop floor-educator.
• Strong technical knowledge and proven abilities in process engineering disciplines.
• Driver to implement lean manufacturing principles and changes. Demonstrate excellent levels of analytical ability.
• Team player who knows how to lead, follow and sometimes just listen.
• Develop manufacturing process designs and coordinate with tooling and equipment sources for construction & validation.
• Drive standardization throughout the Ruger Mayodan plant by use of core competency teams, benchmarking, process standards and equipment checklists.
• Utilize GD&T to assure fundamental work holding, processing and that gage control will meet design intent.
• Hands on technical knowledge of metal forming, machine design and machine fabrication is a plus.
• Understanding of CNC programming, G-Code and M-Code, machine tool setup and integration, tooling, macro-programming, fixture and gage design.
• Must be able to apply much of the above independently, without guidance on a daily basis.
Candidate must be ambitious, selfless, and self-reliant with a problem solving focus. Must be able to autonomously operate with a "cradle to grave process ownership" focus. Candidates must have 5-10 years practical manufacturing experience in the aforementioned disciplines. Education-required Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology.
Please email all resumes to Jeanie Groves at jgroves@Ruger.com
Directly responsible for the daily operation of the line, including satisfactorily completing daily production schedule, training/overseeing training of department personnel in operations, and utilization of personnel to ensure the quality and quantity of parts processed. Other duties include routine in-process inspection of all operations being performed in the department to ensure standard work is being performed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support, coach, and train Team Leaders in their efforts to observe and facilitate standard work.
• Edit and approve time for employees in their group using Workday.
• Schedule mixed-model production to meet the needs of our customers based on collaboration with Value Stream Manager, sales and marketing.
• Ensure cross training is being done effectively using Job Instruction.
• Provide feedback to associates in their group including daily coaching, 45-85 day reviews, and semi-annual performance reviews.
• Manage daily CCCA (Concerns, Counter Measure, and Corrective Action) meetings. Identify concerns and drive root cause-corrective actions for any issues that affect safety, quality, delivery, and cost goals.
• Maintain cell board metrics including, qualifications, and other applicable business unit metrics (safety, quality, delivery, cost, etc.,) and drive improvements to those metrics.
• Fairly and equally enforce company and department policies, as well as safety rules and guidelines set forth by the Value Stream Manager, Human Resources, and EHS department.
• Continuously look for potentially hazardous conditions and foster an environment where associates become involved in becoming proactive in safety improvements and make safety a priority in the workplace. Take initiative to address concerns using CCCA process.
• Maintain serial number compliance by tracking components by use of a daily aging report.
• Lead kaizen activities. Encourage associates to identify waste and take action to improve their immediate areas through daily kaizen.
• Ensure all parts are moving through the cell in a single piece flow and actively work to lower lead times of outside processing to decrease buffer levels.
• Handle personnel issues fairly, firmly, and in a timely manner. This includes verbal coaching, initiating corrective action discussions and documentation, and creating/following through on specific performance improvement plans.
• Work with dedicated buyer/planner, maintenance, engineering, tool making, and customer service departments to support the successful operation of their Value Stream.
• Work with team leaders to identify educational opportunities for associates in their area to improve job skills.
• Attend and participate in daily production meetings.
• Maintain the ability to perform the duties of any associate working in his/her department. Become familiar with all phases of plant operations, including (but not limited to): CNC operations, manual machining, inspection, assembly, and testing.
• Other duties as assigned by the Value Stream Manager.
The associate will have the following skills: conceptual skills, good verbal and written communication, including the ability to be adaptable and flexible when dealing with personnel, functional and technical skills, attention to detail and sound judgment. Must be a motivated self-starter who is capable of working without supervision. Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. The applicant must have extensive Microsoft office experience, especially Excel. Knowledge of the Oracle system preferred.
Education and/or Experience:
Demonstrated leadership and strong interpersonal communication skills required. Must have a proven 3 year track record of leadership. Leadership in a manufacturing environment is preferred. Sufficient knowledge of reporting, troubleshooting and effective communications with other supervisors and departments is required. Good critical thinking skills with regards to associate management and problem solving are required. Advanced education preferred which can include diploma or certificate programs.
Please email all resumes to email@example.com.
This staff level position will have direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities of all Manufacturing Engineers within the division. This candidate must possess a working knowledge of process development, lean manufacturing techniques and a strong background in metal removal. This engineer will be asked to mentor Manufacturing Engineers as well as Design Engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Mentor and guide Manufacturing Engineers through all phases of process development.
• Develop and implement engineering standards and practices; often on a cross-divisional team basis.
• Ability to critically review fixture and gage designs and manage risks associated.
• Work closely with Product Design, Sales, and Project Management on product requirements and development of cost models.
• Lead and develop the Manufacturing Engineering team to sustain company initiatives.
• Promote adherence to good Manufacturing Engineering practices.
• Maintain all standard operating procedures for all aspects of the Manufacturing Engineering team.
• Represent the facility speaking technically on a variety of subjects.
• Mentor and coach team members for continual growth of their individual engineering and leadership skills; promote and approve professional development activities for staff.
• Demonstrate integrity and always adhere to the company's code of conduct and business ethics standards.
• Regularly review all project and company metrics including, but not limited to, profit and loss statements, key performance indicators, project and company financial reports.
• Ability to work with employees at all levels of the company, as needed to implement company-wide improvements and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 10 years' experience with CNC machining and product assembly; must have experience leading engineers.
• Demonstrated ability to work on cross-functional teams on priority projects utilizing "Design for Manufacturability / Assembly".
• Proven ability to lead the engineering process from concept through completion.
• Self-starter who is well-organized, detail-oriented, creative and possesses excellent problem solving skills.
• Proficiency with written and oral communication; Need to effectively present technical documents with an ability to explain technical concepts with depth that is tailored to the expected audience.
• Strong time management skills; Must be able to handle multiple projects and important issues at one time.
• Proven ability to maintain and manage a dynamically changing schedule and balance overall workloads; prior experience with developing and maintaining a core vendor network to supplement in-house technical staff as needed.
Please email all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.