Below is a listing of our current open positions across all of our facilities. Please check back often as we periodically post new positions.
Performs professional engineering work to:
Protect air, land and water resources to provide a clean and healthful environment.
Eliminate and/or control hazardous conditions resulting from behavioral error, equipment and machine operations which may cause injury.
Work to maintain compliance with all applicable of Environmental, Safety & Health regulations, codes and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop applicable programs, policies and procedures as needed to address exposures/hazards to assist in incident prevention and assist in ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Assist in the identification, analysis and control of occupational safety & health hazards.
• Acts as a consulting resource to operations management to advise & recommend prevention and abatement efforts.
• Work to provide a resource for culture change by creating an environment of continuous improvement in safety.
• Performs work to maintain and improve facilities for handling and managing the industrial waste streams.
• Interface with all applicable regulatory agencies to insure up to date compliance.
• Initiate and/or write applicable environmental permits to ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local authority mandates.
• Provide guidance and assistance to maintain internal as well as vendor compliance.
• Initiate internal audits of safety and environmental systems and initiate as well as provide advice regarding corrective actions.
• File all mandatory reports to N.H. DES and the US Environmental Protection Agency.
• Facilitate an Associate Joint Safety and Health Committee.
• Serve as an Insurance Carrier interface for Workers' Compensation, Property Protection and General Liability.
• Provide or coordinate activities in the areas of Industrial Hygiene, Ergonomics and Fire Protection.
Background and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Safety and Environmental Sciences and a minimum of ten years of safety and environmental engineering experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
One or more Professional Certifications as a CSP, PE, CIH or CHMM is desirable.
The successful candidate must be a high energy, creative, resourceful and organized professional. The ability to manage people and multi-task is a must.
Ruger offers a comprehensive wage and profit sharing and incentive bonus plan as well as a competitive fringe benefits program.
Qualified candidates should send their resume to:
Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc.
411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03782
or via email to Mike Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org